Indian Institute of Foreign Trade Test
The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) exam is the written entrance test for two-year MBA (International Business) programme at IIFT. IIFT is a leading business school of India. The institute is famous for management courses in International Business Management and Strategy courses. IIFT conducts a separate entrance test to select candidates. Based on marks obtained in the written test, candidates are further called for essay writing, group discussion and interview.
IIFT admission test is of two hours duration, containing 200 multiple choice questions. The IIFT exam pattern generally consists of questions from the following areas:
Success in IIFT exam preparation depends on the candidate’s time management skills and selection of correct questions. Attempting maximum standard questions in less than 80 seconds per question is the key to excel in the exam. The test also has a history of recreating CAT exam questions.
Candidates should take a printout of their IIFT admit card and reach the exam centre with one of the following documents for Identity proof: Passport, Election I-Card, College I-Card, Driving Licence, or PAN Card. The test will be held in the following cities:
Syllubus for Indian Institute of Foreign Trade Test
IIFT Test primarily asks questions on five key areas: Quantitative Aptitude, Data Interpretation, Analytical/Logical Reasoning, Verbal Ability and General Knowledge. Here’s a detailed look at IIFT Syllabus:
Pursue the following core topics in Statistical Data:
Syllabus for DI is as follows
Standard questions on Tables with heavy calculations can be expected.
The core study syllabus areas are:
|Decision Making||Data Structures||Series|
|Coding-Decoding||Blood relations||Alphabetical Series|
This section is similar to the syllabus of other MBA Tests
|Vocabulary-based Questions||Reading Comprehension, etc|
General Knowledge/Current Awareness:
There's no specific preparation plan for GK. One needs to regularly follow top news stories, General Awareness questions and editorials.
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade Test Notification
|Result announcement Date||First week of January 2017|
|Group Discussion, Interview and Essay Writing Held Date||January/February 2017|
Eligibility for Indian Institute of Foreign Trade Test
According to the eligibility criteria for IIFT: The candidate must have a recognized Bachelor’s degree of atleast 3 years duration in any discipline.• Candidates in their final year of Graduation can also apply. However such candidates have to submit the proof of requisite qualification.• There is no age limit for the applicants. The IIFT brochure clearly states “Admission of the candidate who joins the programme on provisional basis but fails to qualify in the Bachelor’s degree examination is liable to be cancelled forthwith. Such candidate should immediately inform the Institute on declaration of his/her results. Admission of candidates who do not inform the Institute of such a situation will automatically stand cancelled. No request for extension of time for re-evaluation, etc. will be entertained”. Candidates fulfilling these eligibility criteria can apply for the exam. However, clearing just the written exam will not help applicants to pursue studies from IIFT.
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade Test Application
Students have to go through two stages admission procedure. The dates for applying to IIFT exam will be announced on the official website of the exam. Applications can be filled in two modes – either online or offline.
To apply for IIFT exam online, candidates must have following documents ready beforehand:
Candidates must have a scanned copy of their photograph in .JPG format and the size of the photo should be less than 50 KB.
It is important for applicants to have a copy of their scanned clear signature. It must be done on a white background and the size of the file should be less than 50 KB.
To pay online, a valid Credit / Debit card (Master/ VISA).
To pay via Demand Draft, keep the requisite amount of DD ready with you.
1. Register Online To begin with the online application procedure, candidates first need to get registered to the website. When the application process begins, candidates can follow the below mentioned steps to register for IIFT :
• Click on “Apply Now” and select the category you belong from to apply for the exam.
• Read carefully the information displayed on your screen regarding the payment of application fee.
• Fill in the basic details asked in the application form and submit the form.
• Application number will be sent to you to the registered email id after the successful submission of the form.
• Use the application no. sent to you in email and password entered by you while registration to log in to the website.
• To complete the registration process, follow the links displayed. • After completing the formalities, candidates shall be informed regard
ing successful registration through an email at registered email id.
2. Once you are done with filling of application form, you need to pay the application fee. For different categories different fee strucrure has been set.
3. Applicants can pay the application fee in two modes
• Online Payment Gateway – Through Credit/Debit Cards (VISA/Master) or • Demand Draft – DD made in favour of INDIAN INSTITUTE OF FOREIGN TRADE payable at NEW DELHI.
4. In the next step, candidates are required to upload their scanned photograph and signature in .jpg / .jpeg format only. The size of the file should not be more than 50kb each. Read more on the process of uploading the signature and photograph.5. Once the application process is over, candidates are advised to keep a copy of the filled-in application form for future purposes.6. After completion of the registration process, make sure that you successfully log out of the website.
Candidates can purchase the application form either from the campus by paying the application fee through cash or can obtain it by post by paying via Demand Draft.
Candidates willing to obtain the brochure and application form by post have to send the a few documents at Sh. Gaurav Gulati, SAO (Academics), Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, B-21, Qutab Institutional Area, New Delhi – 110016.
The following document also need to sent. The last date for the same will be anounced later
• Request application clearly mentioning your postal address where you want to receive your application form.
• Demand Draft of requisite amount in favour of INDIAN INSTITUTE OF FOREIGN TRADE payable at NEW DELHI. It is mandatory for applicants to write their name and address on the back of the Demand Draft.
• Candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PH/ OBC (non-creamy layer) categories have to attach requisite self-attested Category Certificate.• Two adhesive stickers/ name slips (not the envelop) stating your address for sending the brochure and application form. The official website of the exam has informed The candidates can fill online form or purchase the form from IIFT Cash Counter.
Aspirants can also purchase the prospectus and application form on all working days (Monday to Friday) between 10 am to 4.30 pm from Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, B-21, Qutab Institutional Area, New Delhi- 110016 OR 1583 Madhurdaha, Ward No. 108, Borough XII, Kolkata – 700107, when the application process commences. Applicants are required to pay Rs 1550 (Rs 775 for SC/ ST/ PH candidates and Rs 4500 for Foreign Nationals/ NRIs/ Children of NRIs) in cash personally to obtain the form. candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PH are required to bring requisite Category Certificate. Please note that no payment through Demand Draft will be accepted at the Campus. Forms at the campus are available in cash only
The specific dates to download the admit card for the exam are yet to be announced at the official website of IIFT. Once candidates have downloaded their admit cards, they can check the test centre and other exam-related details. Those willing to change the test centre can request through a written application to change the test centre. It is mandatory for every applicant to obtain their admit card before the last date as entries to the exam centre on the day of exam will only be on the basis of admit cards. Candidates need to carry a photo ID need along with the admit card as identity proof. Failing to produce valid and required documents on the day of exam can lead to cancellation of candidates’ admission to the exam centre.
Any of the following ID proofs can be taken to the exam centre on the exam day:
Please note applicants are required to carry their original admit card to the exam centre.