About Lingaraj Appa Engineering College Bidar
Lingaraj Appa Engineering College (LAEC), Bidar, was established in 2011 with 5 UG and 3 PG courses. LAEC has a serene campus life to provide technical education in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer Science Engineering of B.E./B.Tech and M.E./M. Tech. All courses are approved by AICTE and the college is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum. The campus has an active Training and Placement Centre with good placement record in recent past The Training and Placement Centre is headed by a placement officer and a faculty member to coordinator from every department along with one student as a co-coordinator from each department. With good reputation, our Training and Placement Cell enthusiastically brings many Indian and MNC companies for the recruitment of on-campus and off-campus placements. The campus is facilitated with EDUSAT for teaching renderings. LAEC organizes regular training programs as a part of continuous learning to both faculty and students.
LAEC believes not only providing quality education in technical education, but also encourages the students to enthusiastically participate in games and sports, this makes our college as one of the destination colleges to the students. Eco-friendly atmosphere with lush green vicinity creates zeal and enthusiasm among all the pursuing graduates. The placement cell is well equipped with staff and infrastructure to ensure smooth placement process. LAEC has a strong sexual harassment prevention and grievance redressal programmes. Also, LAEC does not tolerate ragging and proposed to implement strict anti-ragging department. The college's alumni association is registered and provides a platform for aluminous to interact with the college also to update the students regarding new trends in the career opportunities. LAEC takes up special measures to monitor the slow learners and drop out students. It also monitors the career growth of the students. The students are always encouraged to participate in different administrative responsibilities to build leadership qualities in them.
Admissions are based on ranks obtained in Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) for Karnataka domicile candidates, COMEDK admission process for both Karnataka and non-Karnataka candidates, and of course some Management quota seats. Our college takes part in conducting regular job fairs each academic year in the campus and many MNC's and also Indian-based companies are being invited to benefit our students. Each department is in harmonic coalition to better share the knowledge for benefitting students of all engineering departments. College also offers various facilities like auditorium, gym, separate hostel for boys and girls, central computer laboratory along with individual departmental labs, a 24-hour medical surveillance, sports and games, cafeteria, central library along with and a separate departmental libraries, and transport facility.
Why Join Lingaraj Appa Engineering College Bidar
- Placements are 100%.
- State-of-the-art infrastructure with modern lab facilities and library.
- Fast growing and high potential institute with education to meet industry standards.
- We provide job oriented education with in-depth and hands-on practical exposure to help cope with the competition.
- Classrooms have EDUSAT establishment to share web lectures.
- Efficient monitoring system for all the students with special focus given to nurturing slow learning students by counselling and conducting remedial classes.
- Training and Placement Cell of our college is in constant touch with alumni in utilizing their expertise and to have better industry-institute interactions.
- Faculty members take initiative to give soft skill training along with our placement office to make them succeed in the campus drives.
- Special assistance will be given to the graduates who are not placed through campus interviews, to take up jobs through off-campus mode.
- The institute has an independent Training and Placement Office headed by a professor designated as a placement officer and supported by a placement coordinator from each department.
- Language lab is established in the department of T&P to provide soft skill and English language training.
- Jindal Steel Ltd.
- Rajashree Cements ltd
- Alstom Ltd.
- Jindal Cement
- KPIT Cummins
- Tech Mahindra
- Jsoft solutions
- Gammon India
and many more...
- All class rooms are equipped with LCD projectors.
- Computer laboratories are equipped with with advanced systems with HP pro-desktop computers powered with Intel Core i3-4130 processors, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB HDD 7200 rpm SATA, 18.5” LED monitors, USB keyboards, USB mouse, DVD- Writers.
- Wi-Fi enabled campus with high speed internet leased line connectivity.
- Huge library and a digital library along with national and international journals.
- Nice friendly faculty
- Special guest lectures
- EDUSAT facility to be on par with the new trends and online lectures
- Soft skill training
- Huge auditorium
- Daily assignments immediately after the lectures
- Co-curricular and extracurricular activities
- Career guidance from Training and Placement Cell
- Regular scholarships to the merit students